As a website owner, webmaster or newbie if you want to improve your digital marketing presence online then you have to adopt the SEO techniques. In this article, we will discuss SEO in a step by step guide.
What Is Search Engine??
Before moving into the seo guide we have to know what is search engine??Search engine is a software system that is designed to carry out web search, which means to search the World Wide Web in a systematic way for particular information specified in a textual web search query. The popular search engines are-
What is Search Engine Optimization??
Search engine optimization is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. A buyer’s online journey always starts from search, because people search for their particular information on search engine.
Why Search Engine Optimization??
- Quality Of Traffic
- Quantity Of Traffic
- Organic Results
- Quality Of Traffic The main purpose of SEO is to pull quality traffic. Because quality traffic will make SEO process much smother.
- Quantity of Traffic Search engine optimization process is focused on building not only quality traffic but also the increase of the quantity of traffic.
- Organic search Major benefits of SEO is to be found your own website in organic searches in web.
What are the components of SERP?
SERP stands for Search Engine Result Page. Whenever we search something on web or search engines a page occurs with lots of information’s, this page is known as the search engine result page (SERP).
Here are the components of SERP-
- Ads ( Top)
- Ads ( Bottom)
- Featured Snippets
- Image Pack
- In-Depth Article
- Knowledge Panel/Graph
- Knowledge Card
- Local Pack
- Local Teaser Pack
- News Box
- Related Questions
- Shopping Results
Types of SEO techniques and practices
There are 3 type of SEO Process & 3 types of SEO techniques and practices that you must know about before going ahead with SEO.
3 types of SEO Process-
3 types of SEO techniques and practices are-
Key Components of SEO
As a SEO newbie we have to remember that SEO process are done in each of the web pages of a website. Bearing that in mind we can list out the components of SEO as follows-
- Website Analysis
- Keyword research
- Competitor analysis
- Webpage optimization
- Social media integration
- Blog Submission
- Press Releases
- Article Submission
- Directory Submission
- Quality Link Building
- Monthly Report making
Now we will discuss each of the components of SEO-
- Website Analysis Before moving into the depth of SEO process you have to analyze your own website. You have access the DA/PA of your website. You can use the following tools to analyze your website-
- Ubersuggest/ app.neilpatel.com
- Keyword Research After your web analyzing part is done then you must have to move on to Keyword research. Because buyers journey starts from search.
What is keyword research?
are ideas and topics that define what your content is about.
- In terms of SEO, they’re the words and phrases that searchers enter into search engines, also called “search queries.”
Why Keyword Research??
- Learn which terms and phrases to target
- Search volume over time
- Judge the value of a keyword
Keywords are 3 types
- Informational keywords
- Transactional keywords
- Generic keywords
The step by step keyword research process is stated below-
- Complete the website audit by using different tools like alexa, ubersuggest, woo rank etc.
- Get the keyword/content ideas
- Get keyword bundle from Google keyword planner
- Start from low volume keywords and also take the high volume keywords.
- Make a excel file and assemble them
- Now sort them in a proper way
- Make contents with those keywords
- Competition Analysis Find the topics or keywords base that has helped your competitors to rank high in google searches. Use different tools like SEO web page analyzer or moz to find the actual scenario and thus take necessary actions. Find the backlinks resources from where your competitors are getting desired backlinks for their websites.
- Web Page Optimization Web page optimization is the process includes, On page SEO techniques, Technical SEO techniques and Off page SEO techniques.
On Page SEO techniques are-
- Keyword research
- Web structure
- W3c validation
- Title/meta tag optimization
- Image/video optimization
- Xml sitemap creation
Technical SEO techniques are-
- Optimize the loading time
- Crawl error fixing
- Broken link fixing
- Schema optimization.
Off Page These TECHNIQUES are-
- Anchor tag optimization
- Anchor text optimization
- Child anchor optimization
- No follow and do follow links
How to makeBacklinks??
- Join forums
- Ques and answering
- Article submission
- Web 2.0 submission
- Social bookmarking
- Image/video/slide sharing
Tricks to find quality backlinks
- Help others
- Social Media Integrations After implementing the techniques and process of SEO you should integrate your social media sites ( Facebook, youtube, linkedin, pinterest, Instagram, twitter) with your website. These will help your website to get social signals.
- Blog Submissions Blog or continuous content writing is a must for a company now a days. After writing a blog or content it has to be submitted into a blog site. Ex: Techtunes.
- Press Releases Now a day’s press release plays a vital for a company to build a good image for his or her company. All the latest news and business related information’s may be displayed in the newspaper to attract the attention of the customers.
- Article Submission submit the main articles on the article submissions site like similar web etc.
- Directory Submission There are lots of directory submission pages available in the web. Find those sites and list your company on those directory listing sites. Some directory listing sites are stated below-
- Bd yellow pages
- Bangladesh local business directory
- Quality Link Building Build quality links for your website. Backlinks process includes- comments, forums, ques and answer, article submission, web 2.0, social bookmarking, image, video slide sharing, mailing, helping etc.
- Monthly Reporting Make a monthly report for the overall activities and access the situation then mark your actions plan for the next month.
Those are the step by step guide for an effective Search engine optimization. process.